At Hauraki PHO we work in partnership with practice partners to enable equitable access to primary care. We support growth, prosperity, resilience and health within whanau and we strive for excellence and fiscal prudence in all we do.
Hanga te mana a te whānau
Empowering wellness and mana in whānau / family/ communities.
- Pukengatanga (Foundations)
- Whānaungatanga (Whanau/patient-centric relationships)
- Tika (Doing what is right with Integrity)
- Aroha (Love and Respect)
- Rangatiratanga (Empowerment)
- Pono (Working in an ethical way)
Introduction to Hauraki PHO (HPHO)
Hauraki PHO was established as a rural Treaty-based partnership in 2003.
HPHO’s main foci continue to be:
- health workforce stability and sustainability through innovative models of care
- improving access to high-quality, integrated primary healthcare for low income, Māori, Pacific and other high-needs populations
- empowering consumers to manage their mental/physical/psycho-social health needs, following the principles of Te Whare Tapa Wha
- advocating for Rangatahi (youth) and Kaumatua (older people) in the communities in which they live
- achieving positive outcomes for people and their whanau enrolled with HPHO practice teams (Matua Rōpu Hauora)
- reducing health and social inequities for Māori through outcome focussed programmes
- recognising the importance of a whole of system approach to improving health, aligning with the Ministry of Health’s strategy to “Live Well, Stay Well, Get Well”