National Health Advisory
FOR THE ATTENTION OF:
1) Medical Officers of Health
2) Chief Medical Officer
3) Director of Nursing
4) Relevant clinical and non-clinical staff in your DHB
5) GP Liaison Officers
6) Communications Managers
7) Any other deemed necessary by your organisation
1. Acknowledgment of this email is NOT required
2. Forward internally within your organisation as per the 'attention of section' above
3. PHU Managers to please forward to Medical Officers of Health who may not be on the distribution list above.
4. Please forward to your primary care contacts including: general practitioners, pharmacists and primary health organisations in your region.
This is to provide you with a quick update from the Ministry of Health ahead of the release of the findings of the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee on the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) held on Wednesday, 22 January 2020, Geneva time. We will provide you with a more detailed National Health Advisory on Friday, 23 January 2020.
This Friday we also have a number of different meetings taking place including:
- Technical Expert Advisory Group to review the draft Guidance for Health Professionals.
- Interagency Pandemic Group to provide an update to government agencies on the international situation, including latest advice from the World Health Organisation
- Border Working Group to an update on the outbreak and to discuss key messages, and personal protection for border agency staff
Once these meetings have been completed we will send you more detailed information on the outcomes of the above and any additional information supporting below:
Please note the Ministry has a new generic e-mail address for matters relating to the novel CoV event. Please use this e-mail: email@example.com
This is an information/advisory only. No action is required other than to distribute as described.
Ministry of Health