FOR THE ATTENTION OF:
1) Medical Officers of Health
2) Chief Medical Officer
3) Director of Nursing
4) Relevant clinical and non-clinical staff in your DHB
5) GP Liaison Officers
6) Communications Managers
7) Any other deemed necessary by your organisation
1. Forward internally within your organisation as per the 'attention of section' above
2. PHU Managers to please forward to Medical Officers of Health who may not be on the distribution list above.
3. Please forward to your primary care contacts including: general practitioners, pharmacists and primary health organisations in your region.
This is to inform you that in the evening of 03/03/2020, the Ministry of Health was informed of a second confirmed case of coronavirus COVID-19 in New Zealand. The patient is in their 30s and has a recent travel history through Northern Italy. They are unwell and are isolated in their home in Auckland. Public Health officials are undertaking appropriate actions to manage risk to the local community. The NHCC are in close contact with health care providers looking after the case and their whanau.
The situation is being closely monitored and updates will be provided on the Ministry’s website where appropriate.
Thank you for your ongoing support in protecting the health of the New Zealand public.
This is an information/advisory only. No action is required other than to distribute as described.