Thames War Memorial Civic Centre, Thames
10 - 14 May 2021
The 5-day Child Protection Studies Programme is a Level 3 NZQA accredited course that provides students with a broad base of skills to act protectively when children have been abused, and to intervene early when a child is at risk.
The learning is supported by a number of guest speakers including MEDSAC, Lawyer for Child, Oranga Tamariki, NZ Police and a professional supervisor.
The cost of the training for each student is subsidised by Child Matters and its partners in the philanthropic sector. This enables a greater number of organisations to access to the training services we deliver.
$650 plus GST (includes workbooks, assessments, resources and morning tea. Lunch is not provided).
5 Days | Monday-Friday 9am - 4pm | $650.00 plus GST per person
Enrol Now <https://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=18262370&msgid=177780&act=BP4H&c=1492047&destination=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tfaforms.com%2F401541%3Ftfa_7628%3Dtfa_7629&cf=12&v=d8fd2629062e6b77ec90dccdfb67119a1bfe8b17b61962bc8def34a6a2a90b33>
The Child Matters 5 day programme will give you the knowledge and skills to ensure your work is in line with accepted best practice in child protection.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
* Understand the nature of child abuse and neglect
* Understand the causes of child abuse and neglect
* Understand the effects and symptoms of child abuse and neglect
* Be able to recognise child abuse and neglect
* Know what to do when child abuse or neglect is suspected
* Know how to report child abuse and neglect
* Know how to build networks for protecting children and young people
* Understand the fundamentals of supervision and self-care
480 Anglesea St
Hamilton, Waikato 3204, New Zealand