Kia ora koutou
· More than 2.4 million doses of vaccine will be available for the 2021 flu season -almost 300,000 doses more than last year’s record supply.
· We have received confirmation from the vaccine supplier that the vaccines for people aged under 65 will be available from 17 May 2021.
· As with Fluad Quad, distribution of these vaccines will begin ahead of this date to ensure that all providers have stock ready to begin.
· A manufacturing issue with Afluria Quad has meant that it has been approved for use in people aged 5 years and over ONLY.
· We expect Afluria Quad, Influvac Tetra and Afluria Quad Junior to be available to order from HCL’s website from 27 April. HCL’s website will contain more detailed information as it becomes available.
· The below table shows the vaccines available in 2021 and the age groups that they should be used in:
· We ask providers to focus on reaching people eligible for an influenza vaccine, as well as healthcare and other frontline workforces, to ensure that those at greatest risk of serious illness from influenza are protected.
· We acknowledge that for some providers, this change will be disruptive, and the Ministry is working with our partners in the immunisation and health sector to ensure we support them to deliver the programme.
· We’re pleased to hear that many immunisation providers have already received their first orders of Fluad Quad for people aged 65 and over as planned, well in advance of the 14 April start date of the programme for this age group.
· The Ministry set the start dates for the programme based on information from the supplier about vaccine availability, and based on feedback from the sector that they required stock to arrive ahead of the start of the programme.
· We know that distribution takes longer to some parts of the country and it’s important that all providers have stock ahead of the start date.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.