FOR THE ATTENTION OF:
Received this email directly
1) DHB Single Points of Contact
2) DHB Emergency Planners / Managers
3) Public Health Unit Managers
7) NZ College of Public Health Medicine
8) NZ Medical Association
9) Royal New Zealand College of GPs
4) Medical Officers of Health
5) Chief Medical Officer
6) Director of Nursing
7) Relevant clinical and non-clinical staff in your DHB
8) GP Liaison Officers
9) Communications Managers
10) Any other deemed necessary by your organisation
1. Forward internally within your organisation as per the 'attention of section' above
2. PHU Managers to please forward to Medical Officers of Health who may not be on the distribution list above.
3. Please forward to your primary care contacts including: general practitioners, pharmacists and primary health organisations in your region.
This is to inform you that late yesterday, 4 March 2020, the Ministry of Health’s National Health Coordination Centre was notified of the third laboratory confirmed case of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) in New Zealand.
The person is a 46 year old New Zealand resident from Auckland and has tested positive for COVID 19. The person has no history of travel, but has had close contact with two people who have travelled to Iran recently.
The person is in self isolation at home and has mild symptoms.
We have commenced contact tracing activities. The person is being well managed by health care professionals.
NHCC staff will inform all relevant Government and external agencies about this case.
The situation is being closely monitored by the NHCC and updates will be provided on the Ministry’s website.
This is an information/advisory only. No action is required other than to distribute as described.