National Nurse Practitioner Training Programme (NPTP) 2021
University of Auckland – University of Otago – Victoria University of Wellington
Applications for the 2021 NPTP are currently open, closing on 22nd October, 2020.
Details of the NPTP can be found on the following link, along with the national application form and eligibility for the Programme.
Potential trainees may not yet know about the central application process.
The national NPTP includes:
· 60 postgraduate credits in advanced clinical practice/prescribing practicum
· 500 hours supervised practice (with NP or senior doctor)
· Release time for a minimum of 12 study days
· A minimum of 10 days in a secondary placement
· All students will experience clinical supervision by a NP either in their main or secondary placement
· NP academic mentor and clinical supervisor
· Regular support and site visits from NP academic mentor
· Discretionary funding for additional cultural, academic, and professional support
· Mentoring to complete NP portfolio, mock panel assessment, and registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand
Additional funding is available to support the participation of Māori, and Pacific, nurses in postgraduate study to become Nurse Practitioners. Please enquire.
For further information, please contact the University of your choice, or Dr Sue Adams, National Coordinator (E: email@example.com ):
University of Auckland - firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Otago - nursingstudies.UOC@otago.ac.nz
Victoria University of Wellington - nursingstudies.UOC@otago.ac.nz