Hauraki PHO has some surplus funds from the Breast & Cervical Screening Programme Contract.
We realise that cervical screening is where we need to make the biggest inroads in improving screening coverage for priority group women (PGW) and especially our Maori wahine.
We have received approval from the Ministry of Health to re-invest these funds into Cervical and Breast Screening services in the following ways from June to December 2019:
- Provide a one off incentive programme for our practice partners. We have 32 clinics within our network, we will provide incentive as per the attached form.
- Practice Clinic Morning Tea. We will provide a morning tea/lunch to the practice/clinic team who screens the most percentage of PGW each month. We will provide this for 6 months beginning in June. We will allocate $50-100 inclusive per morning tea/lunch cost dependant on size of the team.
- Two additional Cervical Screening pull up banners (including Hauraki PHO branding) have been ordered. This will give Hauraki PHO three banners which we will rotate around our practice partner clinics waiting rooms alongside a cervical screening display to promote screening. We would move the display every month. If you are doing any additional Cervical Screening promotions/days and would like to borrow a banner and/or flag (the Flag is suitable for outside use) then contact the team and we can arrange to get these to you.
- September Cervical Screening Awareness Month and October Breast Screening Awareness Month promotion and display competition within practice partner clinics. We will provide branded pens/lip balms to add to your display. We are also looking at providing ‘Cervical Screening Programme’ branded T-Shirts for each clinic to wear in September.
- Gift Hamper for each clinic. We will provide a hamper to the value of $100 or Pak n Save Vouchers to the value of $100 (clinic decides which) per practice clinic for the month of September whereby any PGW having their cervical screening will go into the draw to win the hamper
Click here for the Cervical Screening Incentive programme form