After Hours Services
HPHO practices work collaboratively with WDHB and local practice teams to ensure that both the primary and secondary rural health workforces are as mutually supportive as possible.
The goals are to:
- Help improve access to services through reducing financial barriers
- Address the national variability in fees for after-hours service provision for this age group
- Reduce the numbers of young children presenting to Emergency Departments with conditions that might be better treated by primary care providers
- Enhance child health outcomes
Rural Hauraki PHO practices benefit from a telephone nurse triage (and advice) service to support patient care and lessen the pressure on HPHO’s rural workforce.
After Hours is recognised as 6.00pm to 8.00am weekdays and 24 hours on weekends & Public Holidays
For afterhours care patients are able to do the following
- In an emergency dial 111
- Call the practice and follow instructions. The message may direct you to an After Hours Clinic or Accident and Medical Centre or for practices outside Hamilton, the call may be answered by a triage service on behalf of the practice.
- Call Healthline on 0800 611 116